Uniquely handcrafted items make thoughtful and lasting gifts
~ ~ ~
Discovered Treasures Home ~ My Online Shop ~ Recycling Works! Home ~ FaceBook
~ ~ ~
and now, here are the

Bringing exposure to wonderful artisans whose shops have gone unnoticed or under appreciated.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nuts and Bolts

I ran across a very interesting model shop on Etsy, NaturalBamboo (closed). Christopher has created a line of motorcycle and car sculptures incorporating various nuts and bolts. Each of his marvelous metal works is uniquely handcrafted, and I like his use of chain for some of the tires. He also makes novelty statuettes, including an impressive robot warrior, a ‘gone fishing’ pencil cup, and an out-of-the-ordinary cow coin bank.

Too many years ago I tried my hand at model making. It was a plastic model and took no imagination to put together. I had glue dripping everywhere, frustration took over, and I never finished.
To my amazement, Christopher has constructed his own line of vintage vehicle models from scratch using tin. The double-decker bus and fire engine would make attractive display pieces, perfect for any enthusiast.

Christopher builds his metal works in China, ships internationally, and can be found on Facebook (although I'm not sure how active he can be). Be sure to contact him through email chris.he2009@gmail.com if you have a custom piece in mind. I wonder if he will ever make a dalek?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you on Upcyclers team page. I am your newest follower!
    Hope you can stop by my blog and follow too, I love networking with other artists!

    :D Have a great day.
    Des.
    www.manoymetal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Suzanne.

    thanks for recommending my work here,
    My shop has been shut down on etsy because of there certain kind of rule that i don't really understand,
    i am recently quite busy with my bamboo kitchenware trading business, and i do not really have much time for my modle building hobby any more, but i still makes one or two modles every month.

    any if any of you want to create a customized modle car, please contact me through my email: chris.he2009@gmail.com

    and thanks again for ur appreciation of my works.

    chris

    ReplyDelete