Uniquely handcrafted items make thoughtful and lasting gifts
~ ~ ~
Discovered Treasures Home ~ My Online Shop ~ Recycling Works! Home ~ FaceBook
~ ~ ~
and now, here are the

Bringing exposure to wonderful artisans whose shops have gone unnoticed or under appreciated.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blowing Glass

Glass blowing has been around since ancient times, and Kelly at KLGlass on ArtFire has embraced this traditional art form with a passion. Her shop has a wonderful selection of amazing glass works, from elegant vases to fanciful kritters. How cute are those bugs on sticks? Many believed the duckbilled platypus to be an elaborate hoax, and she will have you looking twice at her collection of whimsical creatures.

Tired of the same old, boring, mass-produced, everybody has one, tree ornaments? Kelly’s blown glass balls in vibrant original colors will make unique Christmas gifts, sure to be treasured for many years. She also has a line of lovely angels, perfect for a Christmas tree, but for me the showstopper is a friendly little elf ornament.

Kelly rolls her blowpipe in Canada and ships internationally. Drop by her website for more artistic works by this outstanding artisan. If you have an idea for a special piece, she is eager to help bring your glass dream into reality. If you pass by the Stony Creek area of Ontario, a visit to her studio would be a memorable excursion, and she would enjoy sharing her love of this traditional art form with you.

4 comments:

  1. Suzanne,

    I can't tell you how flattered I am by your article. It means so much to me that you not only appreciate my work, but that you took the time to write about it and share... you really took me off guard, and made me a very happy glassblower. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved blown glass. I have a curio cabinet full of beautiful blown glass animals from Russia. I love to turn the light on and enjoy all the colors.

    ReplyDelete