Uniquely handcrafted items make thoughtful and lasting gifts
~ ~ ~
Discovered Treasures Home ~ My Online Shop ~ Recycling Works! Home ~ FaceBook
~ ~ ~
and now, here are the

Bringing exposure to wonderful artisans whose shops have gone unnoticed or under appreciated.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Checkmate!

I host weekly drop-in chess at our library and teach anyone wanting to learn. It is the game you will play your entire life! I was therefore very struck when I ran across this incredibly unique chess set, and applaud the ingenuity and creativity of AutumnSteam (closed), a fascinating Artfire studio specializing in steampunk jewelry. The wing nuts on the bishops bring a smile.

From Washington to Texas, this artistic family travels from show to show living the gypsy life and sharing their inspired creations along the way. Autumn still manages to maintain her online presence despite their traveling schedule, and can also be found on Etsy. Most of her artistic pieces are one-of-a-kind and cannot be reproduced. I think the copper flower pendant is particularly stunning.

They are roaming somewhere in the Western United States, ship internationally, and have a host of information on Autumn’s blog. As you know, I have a blue bias, but The Blue Evidence Book does look like it would make a wonderful steampunk scrapbook or journal. Congratulations on an interesting shop Autumn and Andrew, and keep creating!

4 comments:

  1. Neat chess set! It sounds like they lead quite an interesting life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring my Steampunk shop! I am thrilled you like my work. I feel a little piece of my soul is in everyting I create. I am off to share this with my Facebook and of course blog about it. We do live quite the gypsy life, but we are fortunate to do it as a family. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great chess set. Who would have thought of a steampunk approach. Terrific.

    ReplyDelete